AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 15, 2013 03:18PM
Hi Keely,

> Are dual_hit#0 and dual_hit#1 the first regressor (intensity) and its derivative?
> (and dual_hit#2 is the reaction time regressor and dual_hit#3 its derivative?)

Yes I believe your interpretation is correct.

> -expr 'sqrt((a^2)+(b^2))' \

Using that value for group analysis could be problematic, and I think there is some discussion about its limitations in the literature.

> Should I use only the dual_hit#0 sub-brick for the 3dttest++ input?

Yes definitely as a first step you should try it out and see if it's consistent with your BLOCK5(1,1) results.

> How do I account for the SPMG2 modeling of the data with the derivative files?

If you want to model the subtle shape difference in BOLD response, maybe TENT is a better approach? The you can use 3dLME to run group analysis.

If you prefer to stick with SPMG2, one alternative for group analysis is this: reconstruct the BOLD response through -iresp in 3dDeconvolve. Then you can use those values and run 3dLME.

Gang

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2013 03:56PM by Gang.
Subject Author Posted

SPMG2 model for group analysis

Anonymous User July 12, 2013 06:46PM

Re: SPMG2 model for group analysis

gang July 15, 2013 03:18PM

Anonymous User July 15, 2013 04:36PM

gang July 16, 2013 10:09AM

Anonymous User July 16, 2013 11:25AM