AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 13, 2014 04:16PM
Hi AFNI/SUMA experts-

I want to run a group analysis in surface space using the std.141 icosahedron. I generated the surface bucket in native space, and then used SurfToSurf to transform it to icosahedron space. However, the output (1D) looses the column labels, which is inconvenient, especially since it prepends 7 columns in the process. So I use ConvertDset to select out only the columns I want, which are the newly prepended NodeList and all of the columns from the input bucket.

Now I want to add back the COLMS_LABS. However, I have tried to do this multiple ways and keep getting an error from 3drefit (printed at end of this message). I have tried using 3dAttribute to extract the original labels, prepend 'NodeList;', and then 3drefit -atrstring COLMS_LABS to update the output file. I also tried removing the NodeList column (so the input and output column structures are identical) and using 3drefit -saveatr -atrcopy $this_input COLMS_LABS $this_output.niml.dset

Perhaps I am missing something obvious. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, as always!

Cheers,
Ryan

++ 3drefit: AFNI version=AFNI_2011_12_21_1014 (May 3 2013) [64-bit]
++ Authored by: RW Cox
++ Processing AFNI dataset KK_tscvrsm4_norm_bucket.lh.std.141.niml.dset
++ applying attributes
+ loading and re-writing dataset KK_tscvrsm4_norm_bucket.lh.std.141.niml.dset (./KK_tscvrsm4_norm_bucket.lh.std.141.niml.dset in NI_SURF_DSET storage)
** add sdata returned 0 for 'KK_tscvrsm4_norm_bucket.lh.std.141.niml.dset'

Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received
get_blk_min_max_posn
nsd_add_colms_range
THD_dset_to_ni_surf_dset
THD_write_niml
3drefit main
Bottom of Debug Stack
** AFNI version = AFNI_2011_12_21_1014 Compile date = May 3 2013
** [[Precompiled binary macosx_10.7_Intel_64: May 3 2013]]
** Program Abort **
** If you report this crash to the AFNI message board,
** please copy the error messages EXACTLY, and give
** the command line you used to run the program, and
** any other information needed to repeat the problem.
** You may later be asked to upload data to help debug.
Subject Author Posted

update COLMS_LAB in a newly created niml dset

rmruczek April 13, 2014 04:16PM

Re: update COLMS_LAB in a newly created niml dset

ziad April 14, 2014 01:06PM

Re: update COLMS_LAB in a newly created niml dset

rmruczek April 14, 2014 02:15PM