AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 19, 2014 02:22PM
Hi dear AFNI experts,

I am trying to use afni's MATLAB library to read and write surface data in .niml.dset format.
Using 3dVoltoSurf, I converted volumetric data to surface data. Now, when I use this command in matlab:
fn = 'surf_lh.niml.dset' %my surface data
this error occurs:
%%%%%%%%%%%%
Warning: Input file seems to be not a NIML ASCII file, will try to convert it to ascii
> In afni_niml_read at 17
Running command: ConvertDset -input __TMP_619177_in.niml.dset -o_niml_asc -prefix __TMP_619177_out.niml.dset

cmd =

ConvertDset -input __TMP_619177_in.niml.dset -o_niml_asc -prefix __TMP_619177_out.niml.dset

'ConvertDset' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error using binaryToASCII (line 33)
Error when trying to convert binary to ascii

Error in afni_niml_read (line 18)
s=binaryToASCII(s,ext);
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Unfortunatly, my afni is in Linux but my matlab is in windows 8 so I can not have both of them in one environment.
I also tried to convert surface data to niml.asc using ConvertDset in afni to don't need to ConvertDset command of this mfile. but the same error still occurs.
Now, I don't know what I can do.

Is there any way to load .niml.dset in MATLAB, have some process on its data and write it in another .niml.dset file?

Thank you very much.

Nilufar
Subject Author Posted

reading/writing .niml.dset in MATLAB

Nilufar June 19, 2014 02:22PM

Re: reading/writing .niml.dset in MATLAB

rick reynolds June 23, 2014 04:14PM

nick June 25, 2014 04:48AM

nick June 28, 2015 09:03AM