AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 30, 2014 02:48PM
Hi AFNI experts,

I am working on using 3dQwarp within AFNI_proc.py and noticed not-so-great registration with a template I am using. I am guessing this is due to the problem from skull-stripping where it is not removing skull and non-brain matter very effectively. When I overlay the template on top of my Qwarped brains, it looks like the warp included the non-brain matter.

I am wondering if it is possible within the Qwarp command options to allow a non-skull-stripped template to be used at the non-linear step? So, essentially use the skull-stripped template for the affine warp, then use a non-skull-stripped template and a mask (brain only) for non-linear step? Then apply this warp to the EPI. I believe this is how FSL's FNIRT command works and was curious whether this is a possibility within Qwarp.

Thanks,

Danny
Subject Author Posted

3dQwarp and skull-stripping issue

Danny June 30, 2014 02:48PM

Re: 3dQwarp and skull-stripping issue

Emperor Zhark July 01, 2014 09:07PM

Danny July 02, 2014 11:09AM

Daniel Glen July 02, 2014 04:36PM