AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 30, 2014 05:46PM
Howdy folks -

I have AFNI setup to lock the colorbars in its various controller windows. Here’s my .afnirc.

AFNI_DICOM_RESCALE = YES;
AFNI_DICOM_WINDOW = NO;
AFNI_PBAR_LOCK = YES;
AFNI_RANGE_LOCK = YES;
AFNI_DATASET_BROWSE = YES;

However, things seem to not be working quite right. Here’s how to recreate the issue:

1. start afni
2. (underlay anatomy is loaded automatically;) load overlay stats file.
3. change # colors to ’10'; color changes are reflected in image windows.
4. open child controller by clicking ’New'; click “image” buttons in child controller so you can see what’s going on
5. open another stats overlay in child controller

at this point the overlay opens and displays colors on top of the [child] image windows; but instead of opening the child controller with the same (10 colors) color settings as the parent, the child opens in **; and the parent controller and image windows are also reset back to **.

6. set the parent controller # colors back to 10 again, as in step #3

At this point the images for the parent controller adjust to the 10-color colormap, as expected , and the GUI selection item for #colors also adjusts to ’10’ to accurately reflect the selection that was made. However, while the GUI color selection item for the child controller also adjusts to ’10’ the colormap in the child controller’s image windows do _not_ adjust, and continue to display the ** colormap; further, re-selecting ’10’ in the child controller does not adjust the colormap (I assume because no change event is triggered) so one must first select another option before re-selecting ’10’ in order to get the child controller’s image windows to use the desired 10-color colormap.

It seems like AFNI is trying to do what I want it to do, namely, open child controllers using the same color settings as the parent controller; but it’s not quite right. Is this an AFNI bug, or are my settings inappropriate? I'm using the latest binaries.
Subject Author Posted

Colormap locking bug

shanusmagnus June 30, 2014 05:46PM

Re: Colormap locking bug

Emperor Zhark July 03, 2014 10:34AM

Emperor Zhark July 03, 2014 01:28PM

shanusmagnus July 04, 2014 11:00PM