AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 09, 2014 05:18PM
Hi Gang,

I'm having trouble getting 3dLME to run with a GLT involving a quantitative variable. The problem seems to be that `3dLME -help` instructs me to code a GLT testing the effect of a covariate `runidx` by coding `-gltCode 'runidx :'`, but this means that lop$gltCode[[n]] is `[1] "runidx" ":"` at 3dLME.R:568, so that the first argument to `gltConstr` in
gltConstr(lop$gltCode[[n]][-c(QVpos, QVpos+1)], lop$dataStr)
is `character(0)`, so that `1:nvar` is `1:0` which is not empty because R is crazy. Maybe this has something to do with the comment at the beginning of gltConstr:
# NEED to solve the problem when a quantitative variable is tested alone:
# with pairwise = NULL!!!

Am I just doing something dumb? Is this a documentation issue, where the instructions for how to do this GLT are out of date? Is this just not implemented yet? Is it a remnant of splitting 3dLME and 3dMVM apart? (I still see several notes in the 3dLME help that either mention 3dMVM options, or advise the user to use 3dLME instead of 3dLME...)

I tried changing `1:nvar` to `(if(nvar) 1:nvar else integer(0))` at 3dLME.R:410 (in `gltConstr`), and the analysis is running, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to report whether the results were garbage or not.

Isaac

EDIT: It looks like this change did not break the analysis. I don't know whether the results I got are right, but they aren't all zero and they don't vary wildly the way one would expect them to look if they resulted from trying to invert an ill-conditioned matrix. I also found the `seq_len` function, which does what I was trying to do much more cleanly than that horrible if expression.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2014 11:18AM by Isaac Schwabacher.
Subject Author Posted

3dLME qvars GLT issue (Version 1.2, May 14, 2014)

Isaac Schwabacher July 09, 2014 05:18PM