AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 10, 2014 06:37AM
Hello,

I am trying to get average ROI timecourses for functional connectivity analysis where the ROIs are based on the volumetric FreeSurfer parcellation aparc.2009s+asec.

To achieve that, I tried the following commands for each subject and ROI:

@FS_roi_label -name ${ROI} -rankmap ${FSdirectory}/${subject}/SUMA/aparc.a2009s+aseg_rank.rankmap.1D > label_info.1D
labelnumber=$(1deval -ok_1D_text -a label_info.1D[0]{1} -expr 'a')
rm label_info.1D

3dmaskave -mask ${subject}_aparc.a2009s+aseg_rank_Alnd_2epi_LowRes+orig. -mrange ${labelnumber} ${labelnumber} epi_RSbas_${subject}_ppn+orig. > ${ROI}_epi_RSbas.1D

However, the output of the previous @FS_roi_label command is just "Rank Label Name" for some ROIs. For instance,

>> @FS_roi_label -name ctx_lh_G_front_middle -rankmap ../freesurfer/01C/SUMA/aparc.a2009s+aseg_rank.rankmap.1D
Rank Label Name

In addition, for some ROIs I get two possible matching names from FreeSurfer's FreeSurferColorLUT.txt, but I only want the exact matching name. How can I obtain only one value?

>> @FS_roi_label -name Left-Caudate
#11 Left-Caudate
#101 Left-caudate-intensity-abnormality
#136 Left-Caudate-Putamen

>> @FS_roi_label -name left-caudate -rankmap ../freesurfer/01C/SUMA/aparc.a2009s+aseg_rank.rankmap.1D
Rank Label Name
7 11 Left-Caudate
# 101 Left-caudate-intensity-abnormality

If necessary, please let me know how I can upload the list of ROI names I am using and the corresponding aparc.a2009s+aseg_ran.rankmap.1D file

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cesar
Subject Author Posted

Error with @FS_roi_label: no rank label OR 2 matching names returned

Cesar Caballero Gaudes July 10, 2014 06:37AM

Re: Error with @FS_roi_label: no rank label OR 2 matching names returned

ziad July 14, 2014 03:25PM