AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 04, 2015 01:44PM
Hi Ziad,

You helped me greatly with this at the 2014 bootcamp, and I was able to use the mask for surface based analyses. Now I am trying to convert the mask to the volume and I have a few questions about this.

First, how would it be best to get this into a normalized space (i.e. MNI). Should I map it using the MNI spec files to the MNI volume, or could I 3dSurf2Vol it on a subject then warp the mask to MNI space.

Additionally, I grabbed the 2nd example for 3dSurf2Vol and I have a couple of questions about that. Where does the 10.1d file come from, and is the 0.6 a threshold for inclusion of a voxel?

3dSurf2Vol \
-spec fred.spec \
-surf_A smoothwm \
-surf_B pial \
-sv fred_anat+orig \
-grid_parent 'fred_func+orig[0]' \
-cmask '-a fred_func+orig[2] -expr step(a-0.6)' \
-sdata_1D sdata_10.1D \
-map_func ave \
-f_steps 15 \
-f_index points \
-prefix fred_surf_ave