AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 21, 2014 05:09PM
Hi Rick -

Once again, thanks for the wonderful response.

However, I think you might want to think harder about
which atlas seems appropriate. Is the Talairach atlas
what you really want to use, or might there be a useful
alternative?

The whole reason I started down this wormhole was because whereami wasn't working (from the cluster report menu) with images in MNI space. But Daniel Glen pointed me to some solutions for that; at this point, I just wanted a way to get automated reports about Brodmann areas. After more reading on the topic, my enthusiasm for this has waned somewhat, after learning that the Brodmann regions in the TLRC atlases were done via eyeballing the tlrc template brain and approximating to the Brodmann diagrams, vs. using cytoarchitecture to recreate them.

Anyway, much to think about; thanks to these great answers you've provided, I feel like I now am in a place to do so.
Subject Author Posted

Information loss in converting from MNI to TLRC?

shanusmagnus July 18, 2014 12:38PM

Re: Information loss in converting from MNI to TLRC?

rick reynolds July 18, 2014 04:27PM

shanusmagnus July 20, 2014 12:47PM

rick reynolds July 21, 2014 03:53PM

shanusmagnus July 21, 2014 05:09PM