AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 08, 2014 10:11AM
Hello,

I was wondering about the best strategies for modeling the hemodynamic response in my task.

We are using a traditional fear conditioning paradigm, with two stimuli (a CS+ paired with a shock and a CS- not paired with a shock). The stimuli are presented for 8 secs and are followed by a jittered 12-20 sec ITI. Our TR is 2sec.

In our lab, we generally use tent functions. We have previously used TENT (0, 14, 8). Does this seem appropriate for this paradigm?

However, I have seen others use mean IRF (which would be GAM in afni proc py). What numbers would I specify for this? Then they used the first 6 images starting from stimulus onset to calculate percent area under the curve? How would I go about doing that?

I have also seen the SIN function. I heard that this function is best suited for paradigm that have few trials. This would fit my paradigm as I only have 5 cs+ and 5 cs-. Would this be a useful approach and what 3 numbers would you recommend in terms of timing and number of sin functions?

Sorry for the lengthy questions....I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Emily
Subject Author Posted

Modeling Strategies

Emily August 08, 2014 10:11AM

Re: Modeling Strategies

gang August 08, 2014 01:17PM

Re: Modeling Strategies

Emily August 11, 2014 12:28PM