AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 22, 2014 07:22PM
Your steps look correct. The one thing that I'm not sure you mentioned is that your EPI datasets need to be coregistered/aligned to the anatomical datasets (I usually use align_epi_anat.py to do this). The outcome of this can be verified by looking at each individual's single-subject statistical results on the respective anatomical file. If you use afni_proc.py, it will generate the @ss_review_driver script that will take you through this check and some others.

As for which mask to use... You can use any of 1) the mask of the EPIs that get fed into 3dDeconvolve; 2) the average mask of all the anatomical images resampled to the resolution (which you're in the process of making); 3) or the (dilated) mask of the template image. I've seen all of these in publications, and I arranged them in this order as I think the first two are often very similar and the most helpful for identifying activation variations across the sample (and in some ways the "most honest" because these might be outside of the template brain) and the last one often makes for the nicest graphics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 07:27PM by Peter Molfese.
Subject Author Posted

Group Mask/ANOVA3 Results don't overlay Average Anatomy

christinapf August 22, 2014 01:53PM

Re: Group Mask/ANOVA3 Results don't overlay Average Anatomy

Peter Molfese August 22, 2014 03:39PM

christinapf August 22, 2014 04:57PM

Peter Molfese August 22, 2014 07:22PM

christinapf August 25, 2014 12:39PM