AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 28, 2014 04:36AM
Hi afni experts,

I compared the difference between 3dREMLfit vs. 3dDeconvolve.

At the individual subject level, more activations were found in 3dDeconvolve than 3dREMLfit.
At the group level, results based on the beta from the 3dREMLfit differed a lot from the analysis used the beta from the 3dDeconvolve.

So how can I choose which output is correct or suitable for group analysis?

BTW, I found that gen_ss_review_script.py seemed to generate subject review that include either the stats.sxxx+tlrc.HEAD (output of 3dDeconvolve) or stats.sxxx_REML+tlrc.HEAD (output of 3dREMLfit).

Do this program make a judgment on which output is suitable for group analysis?

Thanks very much!
lzh
Subject Author Posted

3dREMLfit vs. 3dDeconvolve

lzhyoung August 28, 2014 04:36AM

Re: 3dREMLfit vs. 3dDeconvolve

gang August 28, 2014 09:47AM