AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 09, 2014 07:21PM
Hi all,

I appreciate the previous elucidation on AFNI. My next inquiry comes from the difference in plugin vs. script function. I've been able to fit my data with the script function:

>>3dNLfim -input TimeSeries4+orig.BRIK -signal DiffExp -noise Linear -bucket 0 regressionfitDiffExp

and it comes out fine as a bucket with all the expected parameters. But when I try to do this via plugin (I've gone into 'Define DataModes' and adjusted the 'NLfit ' plugin to match accordingly), I get the following crash/error:

NLfit: switch to TR = 1
Matrix error: Incompatible dimensions for vector multiplication-subtraction
calc_full_model
plot_graphs
redraw_graph
GRA_transform_CB
AVOPT_press_CB
AFNI:main

This is of course from using the 'NLfit' within the 'Tran 1D' Drop down menu. My two main inquiries are 1.) What is going on that is different between the input function and plugin that is causing it to crash, and 2.) Since I already, successfully, found all the coefficients of the fit. How does one go about to use these to plot the function for each voxel so I can overlay it with the original 3D+time data. (Not asking about overlay, just asking about how to use the coefficients to give a plot for each voxel). I hope what I'm trying to convey is clear. Let me know if I need to explain it better. Thank you for any and all assistance.

Cheers
Subject Author Posted

3dNLfim function vs. Plugin

ebaldelo September 09, 2014 07:21PM

Re: 3dNLfim function vs. Plugin

rick reynolds September 09, 2014 09:49PM