AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 11, 2014 05:06PM
Howdy -

I'm making some anatomical ROI masks, and one of the things I really like is how with Draw Dataset I'm able to visualize them instantly. (This is the thing I _really_ love about instacalc, which imo is the best-but-relatively-unknown feature of AFNI) The problem is that when using the TT_Daemon dropdown to pick ROIs, the number of options is so large that it goes off my screen; and I cannot select from a number of the options. I know I can get around this by poking around with the whereami command, but then I lose the immediacy that makes this method so nice. The issue appears on both Mac and Linux builds, so it doesn't appear to be some platform-specific X11 quirk. My questions:

1. The nicest thing to have would be a text search box that acts as a string-match filter for the regions in the dropdown, something like Chosen does for HTML select boxes:

[harvesthq.github.io]

That would make trying out different ROIs slicker and faster, and address the too-many-options issue at the same time. I doubt the X toolkit offers such an animal, but perhaps something comparable might be cobbled together? Even just a straight-up filter, where the only options that appear in the dropdown are those that are a substring match with an input box, would be a great help.

2. The "Hemispheres" dropdown suggests to me one of two things: a) either it will write the ROI to the specified hemisphere[s] regardless of whether the ROI is lateralized -- this would be a great time saver when you want to select bilateral ROIs but don't want to click on both of them when building the mask; or b) it will restrict the options available in the anatomical dropdown to only include ROIs of the chosen hemisphere. However, the dropdown seems to do neither of these functions. What does it do?

Even if the feature request isn't going to happen, if there is a workaround to the issue I'd like to know it. For the time being I'll just iteratively cobble together things with whereami.

Thanks for any help.
Subject Author Posted

Feature request: Draw Dataset ROI selection

shanusmagnus September 11, 2014 05:06PM

Re: Feature request: Draw Dataset ROI selection

rick reynolds September 11, 2014 09:04PM

shanusmagnus September 13, 2014 08:06PM

rick reynolds September 13, 2014 09:52PM

shanusmagnus September 15, 2014 12:13AM