AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 15, 2014 01:21PM
Hi -

I'm using PyMVPA to run an information spotlight on a nifti file I created with AFNI. The spotlight produces something akin to a dataset, which I then write out as a NIFTI file. The voxels in this dataset are floats containing the classification accuracy of a spotlight centered on that voxel; AFNI displays the results of this NIFTI file just fine.

The problem is that the information in the header is wrong, presumably due to the Frankensteinian method I used to build the dataset on which the spotlight was run, and perhaps the method I used to write the spotlight results into an .nii file, probably the latter, as 3dROIstats gives this message when I run it on the spotlight results:
** WARNING: NIfTI file tp101.novnum.nii dimensions altered since AFNI extension was added
The value of each voxel is a float from 0 to .91 or so; 3dROIstats -minmax reports this correctly. But the overlay text in the GUI is reporting a range from -96.91 to 109.91. Normally I wouldn't care about this, except the color scaling then colors all voxels uniformly, and I'd like them to be colored distinctly to indicate the different classifier results. Is there an AFNI command that basically says "reconstruct the header values for this file based on what you find in the dataset"?

POSTSCRIPT: I found out that I can get around this by 3dcopy ing the resultant .nii file to a HEAD/BRIK dataset; but I'm posting this anyway to see if there's a more direct route to fixing the .nii.
Subject Author Posted

Fixing header info on .nii dataset

shanusmagnus September 15, 2014 01:21PM

Re: Fixing header info on .nii dataset

Daniel Glen September 15, 2014 01:51PM

shanusmagnus September 15, 2014 02:01PM

Daniel Glen September 15, 2014 02:55PM

shanusmagnus September 16, 2014 11:13AM