AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 15, 2014 03:54PM
Hi Everyone:

I'm looking into doing a kind of dynamic functional connectivity analysis on some resting state data that has already been preprocessed using afni_proc.py. I think I'm going to take it over to FSL's MELODIC to try to run an ICA on it and then hopefully find some ICs where I can investigate how they vary across time.

It seems like the most common way to go about this is with a sliding window approach where you specify a window size (e.g. 30s/15TRs with a TR of 2s) then look at the BOLD response of the IC network there. Then move the window over 30s and do the same there, etc. to the end of the run. I feel like this is a profoundly stupid question but how would one go about making these sliding windows to be able to investigate responses within these smaller periods? Is it as easy as making a "stimulus" timing file with the timing window specifications (e.g. 30.0 60.0 etc.)? That was my first thought but it seemed too simplistic.

Thanks for any input you guys can provide.

Lauren
Subject Author Posted

Sliding Window

lshopkins September 15, 2014 03:54PM

Re: Sliding Window

Emperor Zhark September 15, 2014 04:09PM

Re: Sliding Window

lshopkins September 16, 2014 05:47PM