AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 15, 2014 03:06PM
Dear AFNI people,

I've been playing around with some DTI data and found this preprocessing pipeline from a blog by Peter Molfese. I have run the following steps:

Correct Eddy Distortions

3dAllineate -base 'dwi+orig.HEAD[0]' -input 'dwi+orig.HEAD' \
-prefix dwi_al -cost mutualinfo -verb -EPI

Step 2: Fit Tensors using a nonlinear fitting

3dDWItoDT -prefix tensors.nii.gz -automask \
-reweight -verbose 100 -eigs afni.bvecs.txt dwi_al+orig

Step 3: Visualize DTI Data in AFNI

3dcalc -prefix DTIout -a 'tensors.nii.gz[9..11]' -b 'tensors.nii.gz[18]' -expr 'b*STEP(b-0.25)*255*ABS(a)'
3dThreetoRGB -prefix DTIColorMap -anat 'DTIout+orig.[0]' 'DTIout+orig.[1]' 'DTIout+orig.[2]'
afni

--------------------------------------------
My questions are the following:
-I would like to perform probabilistic tractography, but can it only be done between certain points or for the whole brain?
-Also, after running the scripts above, is it convenient to warp the images to MNI if I want to select some ROIs to run tractography for group comparisons, just like fMRI? and how would I warp these images?
-Also, is it convenient to run 3dDWUncert first and then 3dTrackID -mode PROB?
I am new to this so any suggestions on how to run the analysis would be extremely helpul.

Thanks
Subject Author Posted

DTI pipeline

O.M. October 15, 2014 03:06PM

Re: DTI pipeline

Peter Molfese October 16, 2014 04:59PM

ptaylor October 16, 2014 10:48PM

O.M. October 17, 2014 06:25PM