AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 29, 2014 06:08PM
Dear AFNI developers/ users,

My SUMA gui is not working correctly. When I tried click object viewer, or save an ROI, I could not see the file name or file path at all. They are all white. It is very annoying because I can no longer load any files or draw ROIs.

I am running it on 64 bit Ubuntu 12.10. One month ago, I accidentally removed all system packages related to python, which was a terrible story. I tried my best to restore python related packages and my system has been fine. I suspect this gui issue is related to the absence of some system packages.

Any idea what would cause such a problem? Is there a dependency list of the SUMA gui that I can go over?
Thank you so much.

FYI
The console output when I open SUMA seems fine.
suma:
No input specified, loading some toy surfaces...
Use '.' and ',' to cycle between them.
See suma -help for assistance.

++ Notice SUMA_XtWarn_handler (SUMA_display.c:4079 @18:03:42):
X11 Warning 1:Cannot convert string "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--14-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
Have 1 X11 warnings so far, see Help-->Message Log if curious.
This notice is shown once for each additional 10 warnings.

SUMA_Engine: Starting to listen ...
Subject Author Posted

SUMA GUI display issue

YingYang October 29, 2014 06:08PM

Re: SUMA GUI display issue

YingYang October 29, 2014 06:11PM

Re: SUMA GUI display issue

ziad November 03, 2014 09:47AM