AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 29, 2014 10:46PM
Hi afni Experts,

I always use afni_proc.py to process my fMRI data. I notice that extents masking is applied in the volreg step if I use tlrc_warp on functional dataset.

I read some people's script that do not use the afni_proc.py. Not all of them use extents masking.
So I wonder whether extents masking is a necessary step? What are the benefits of using extents making?

I read the masking note of afni_proc.py many times. But I still can not able to fully comprehend the necessities of this step.
Thanks a lot!

Best,
Lz
Subject Author Posted

Is Extents masking a necessary step?

lzhyoung October 29, 2014 10:46PM

Re: Is Extents masking a necessary step?

rick reynolds November 03, 2014 10:40AM