AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 20, 2015 02:05AM
Hi, Emily-

>> ++ Environment variable = already set to 'SUMA_SUMA_TESSCON_AutoScale'. Value of 'NO' from /home/AD/ebelleau/.sumarc is ignored.
>> To kill such warnings Set AFNI_ENVIRON_WARNINGS to NO

I believe that this is a non-lethal message-- as the second line says, you could turn off these warnings (and it is just a warning). I believe you might just be setting some internal AFNI variable twice within your setup on that computer. However, I'm not entirely sure. That might be annoying, but non-prohibitive to tracking.

>> -- Error SUMA_LoadDsetOntoSO_eng (SUMA_Color.c:10118):
>> Could not find network_file "o.PR_000.niml.tract" on disk for dset /media/larson_buffalo/MRI7/KAward/Conditioning_From_Cluster/K_dti/sub238/dmri/DTI/o.PR_000.niml.dset

>> This is the code that I used:
>> $suma -vol /media/larson_buffalo/MRI7/KAward/Conditioning_From_Cluster/K_dti/sub238/dmri/DTI/o.PR/NET_000_ROI_001_002+orig -vol /media/larson_buffalo/MRI7/KAward/Conditioning_From_Cluster/K_dti/sub238/dmri/DTI/o.PR_000_PAIRMAP+orig -gdset /media/larson_buffalo/MRI7/KAward/Conditioning_From_Cluster/K_dti/sub238/dmri/DTI/o.PR_000.niml.dset -vol /media/larson_buffalo/MRI7/KAward/Conditioning_From_Cluster/K_dti/sub238/DTI/DT_FA+orig

Gotcha. You aren't doing anything wrong at all (assuming that those pathways are correct). The error message is because SUMA is looking for a "*.tract" file-- now, those are only made during DET and MINIP tracking, and you did PROB tracking. Also, you are not even trying to load a "*.tract" file. So why the message???
---> the answer is a diabolical oversight on my part. The "*.niml.dset" file contains all the matrix information calculated by 3dTrackID-- e.g., between what targets tracts were found, and then the properties in those connections (number of tracts, mean FA, stdev of FA, mean MD, etc.). That information can be viewed as a pseudo-correlation matrix in SUMA, which is presumably why you might be loading it in here-- you can toggle between brain views and the matrix view.
----->*However*, you can also view the matrix info as a network of nodes (i.e., centers of your targets) and edges (connections between them), with the properties dispayed as colors on the edges.
------->*In further fact*, Ziad has kindly programmed things so that you can display the edge properties either as straight lines, *or* as tractography tracts that were found. That is useful if you've done DET or MINIP tracking where there *are* linear tracts output in a *.tract file. And when the *.gdset file is written out, it automatically has a little string at the bottom to look for these accompanying tract files.
----------> The error *you're* getting is because there aren't those "*.tract" files output in PROB mode, so it's looking in vain for them. And it's not your fault, it's just the way things are currently-- it shouldn't be looking for these files, since they're not created in PROB mode.

Now, when I load a volume and gdset output by "3dTrackID -mode PROB ...", I *do* get that error message, but I also get SUMA loading up fine and showing me everything-- that is, it's also a non-lethal message. Is that the case for you? This should be the kind of error/warning that is ignorable for the time-being (while also being something I should amend internally in the code).

--pt
Subject Author Posted

Diffusion Tensor Imaging Analysis Questions

Emily December 04, 2014 12:24PM

Re: Diffusion Tensor Imaging Analysis Questions

ptaylor December 05, 2014 02:24AM

Emily December 16, 2014 02:20PM

Peter Molfese December 16, 2014 02:40PM

Emily December 22, 2014 01:02PM