AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 18, 2014 08:30AM
hi Gang

thanks a lot for that clarification. I have noticed that SPM does things one-sidedly, in that if you set the uncorrected p to .001 you get the t-value that corresponds to p < .002 on the AFNI viewer's slider. This makes sense in the terms of a one-sided vs. two-sided test.

My question is then, if you run AlphaSim or 3dClustSim with an uncorrected p of .001, and it says that you need, say, 118 voxels for an alpha of .05, should the 3dmerge command typically use the value given on the AFNI slider for that p as the -1thresh option (in this case, 4.07--the 2-sided value for t(15)) or 3.73 (the one-sided value). As in, what is typically expected of the user? I feel as though the two-sided value is appropriate since in AFNI the contrasts are typically output as two-sided (i.e., if I contrast two conditions I get both positive and negative clusters) whereas in SPM the contrasts have to be run in both directions. But maybe I am confusing my terminology.

hope this is clear. thanks so much for your help.

James
Subject Author Posted

3dClustSim -pthr 0.05

empracht December 10, 2014 05:32PM

Re: 3dClustSim -pthr 0.05

gang December 17, 2014 08:25AM

jkeidel December 17, 2014 09:57AM

gang December 17, 2014 01:49PM

jkeidel December 18, 2014 08:30AM