AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 25, 2015 12:43PM
Hi Andrea,

Others may differ on their opinions to this. The approach that you suggest is what I have used in the past, which showed good correspondence between the VBM8, FSL_Anat, and FreeSurfer pipelines (within reason that is).

0. Make sure you have smoothed the data in either SPM or AFNI.

1. Use 3dFWHMx to estimate the smoothness of each anatomical brain produced from VBM8 toolbox (m0wrp1*.nii). I would recommend not using -automask, and instead creating a group average from the grey matter (3dMean) and then creating a mask of that (3dAutomask). You might need to play with the -clfrac and -dilate options for masking a bit! Then use that mask for 3dFWHMx.

2. For 3dClustSim, I would just supply it the mask from before (which provides voxel and image sizes) and the -fwhmxyz values. I tend to tack on the -LOTS and -niml options.

For final analyses I ended up using 3dMVM and 3dttest++.
Subject Author Posted

Input files to 3dFWHMx and 3dClustSim command for VBM data (from SPM)

andrea.gold@nih.gov January 25, 2015 11:38AM

Re: Input files to 3dFWHMx and 3dClustSim command for VBM data (from SPM)

Peter Molfese January 25, 2015 12:43PM

andrea.gold@nih.gov January 28, 2015 02:45PM

Peter Molfese January 28, 2015 03:32PM