AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 18, 2015 11:21PM
I am trying to align the aparc+aseg file from freesurfer to my skull-stripped brain in AFNI (original space) by aligning the skull-stripped brain from freesurfer first, and applying that to aparc+aseg, as follows:

@Align_Centers -base mprage_ns+orig. -dset brain+orig -cm -child aparc+aseg+orig.

This creates a brain_shft+orig file that is perfectly aligned to the mprage_ns file, with the accompanying 1d transformation file. However, the aparc+aseg file is not shifted at all.

I have used this function before and it has worked (i.e. produced both brain_shft and aparc+aseg_shft files), so it seems like there may be an issue with the -child flag? Is this the case? If not, is there an equivalent workaround, perhaps using 3dAllineate?

I am using the current (2/13) version of AFNI.
Subject Author Posted

@Align_Centers -child flag not working

Emily Ward February 18, 2015 11:21PM

Re: @Align_Centers -child flag not working

Daniel Glen February 19, 2015 05:21PM

Emily Ward February 19, 2015 05:59PM

rick reynolds February 19, 2015 09:30PM

Emily Ward February 20, 2015 12:30AM