AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 24, 2015 01:43PM
Hello afni experts,

I have a question regarding setting up my 3dDeconvolve model after I have done all the initial preprocessing steps for a generalized PPI analysis.

I conducted a typical differential delay fear conditioning task with a fear acquisition phase and a fear extinction phase. In my initial 3dDeconvolve model prior to conducting a PPI, I had both the fear acquisition run and my fear extinction run within the same model. So, within my timing files, for my acquisition stimuli, I had my times for the first run and an "*" to serve as a place holder for the second run (fear extinction). Similarly for my fear extinction stimuli, I had an "*" for the first run (fear acquisition) and my timing for the fear extinction stimuli for my second run.

So for my PPI analysis, I have a CS+ Interaction term during aquisition, a CS- Interaction term for aquisition, a CS+ Interaction term for extinction, and a CS- interaction term for extinction.

My question is, since I had incorporated both fear aquisition and fear extinction in my initial model, is it possible to incorporate all acquisition and extinction interaction terms for my 3dDeconvolve for the PPI? Would I need a row of zeros within each of the these interaction terms as place holders for when fear extinction or when fear aquisition is off? I guess how would I let the program know that the scaled run1 goes with fear aquisition and the scaled run 2 goes with fear extinction?

Additionally I need to put the seed in as a regressor (so I have the seed times series during acqusition and then the time series during extinction). Again I am not sure how to let the program know that one regressor goes with one run and the other goes with run two.

I am sorry if I am making this confusing . Below is my initial 3dDeconvolve model:

# run the regression analysis
3dDeconvolve -input ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/pb04.${subject}.r*.scale.nii \
-censor ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/censor_${subject}_combined_2_FNIRT_3.5.1D \
-polort 2 \
-num_stimts 10 \
-stim_times 1 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/stimuli/Order2_CSa_ACQ.1D 'TENT(0,14,8)' \
-stim_label 1 CSaACQ \
-stim_times 2 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/stimuli/Order2_CSb_ACQ.1D 'TENT(0,14,8)' \
-stim_label 2 CSbACQ \
-stim_times 3 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/stimuli/Order2_CSa_EXT.1D 'TENT(0,14,8)' \
-stim_label 3 CSaEXT \
-stim_times 4 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/stimuli/Order2_CSb_EXT.1D 'TENT(0,14,8)' \
-stim_label 4 CSbEXT \
-stim_file 5 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/motion_demean_FNIRT_3.5.1D'[0]' -stim_base 5 -stim_label 5 roll \
-stim_file 6 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/motion_demean_FNIRT_3.5.1D'[1]' -stim_base 6 -stim_label 6 pitch \
-stim_file 7 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/motion_demean_FNIRT_3.5.1D'[2]' -stim_base 7 -stim_label 7 yaw \
-stim_file 8 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/motion_demean_FNIRT_3.5.1D'[3]' -stim_base 8 -stim_label 8 dS \
-stim_file 9 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/motion_demean_FNIRT_3.5.1D'[4]' -stim_base 9 -stim_label 9 dL \
-stim_file 10 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/motion_demean_FNIRT_3.5.1D'[5]' -stim_base 10 -stim_label 10 dP \
-iresp 1 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/iresp_CSaACQ.${subject}.nii \
-iresp 2 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/iresp_CSbACQ.${subject}.nii \
-iresp 3 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/iresp_CSaEXT.${subject}.nii \
-iresp 4 ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/iresp_CSbEXT.${subject}.nii \
-gltsym 'SYM: +CSaACQ -CSbACQ' \
-glt_label 1 CSaACQvsCSbACQ \
-gltsym 'SYM: +CSaEXT -CSbEXT' \
-glt_label 2 CSaEXTvsCSbEXT \
-gltsym 'SYM: +CSaACQ -CSaEXT' \
-glt_label 3 CSaACQvsCSaEXT \
-gltsym 'SYM: +CSbACQ -CSbEXT' \
-glt_label 4 CSbACQvsCSbEXT \
-fout -tout -x1D ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/X.xmat_FNIRT_3.5.1D -xjpeg ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/X_FNIRT_3.5.jpg \
-x1D_uncensored ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/X.nocensor.xmat_FNIRT_3.5.1D \
-fitts ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/fitts.${subject}_FNIRT_3.5.nii \
-errts ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/errts.${subject}_FNIRT_3.5.nii \
-bucket ${subfolder}/${subject}/${subject}.${results}/stats.${subject}_FNIRT_3.5.nii

Thanks!

Emily
Subject Author Posted

Generalized PPI Question

Emily March 24, 2015 01:43PM

Re: Generalized PPI Question

rick reynolds March 24, 2015 03:40PM

Re: Generalized PPI Question

Emily March 24, 2015 04:50PM