AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 25, 2015 05:32PM
Hi, first time poster here!

My name is Robin and I'm visiting NIH from Sweden this week to, among other things, start learning Afni. I'm an MRI physisist but I have not previously worked with fMRI/fMRI-analysis, so I have spent these couple of days trying to get started since fMRI analysis will be a part of my job in the future.

My current status is that I'm trying to preform a simple one subject analysis on sampel data using uber_subject.py. With this comes a lot of basic questions like understanding what the different files in the sample data represent, what data I should select, what do I do to make sure it runs properly, and, if/when done, what do I do with the files in the result folder.

I'm just trying my luck to see if any of you guys/gals that are currently at the NIH would want (if there is time) to meet up with me for an hour or so and take me through the very basics. The youtube tutorial is good but doesn't take me all the way.

I'm here until friday, in building 10 east lab, and any help would be much appreciated. I will definitely buy you coffe or lunch (depending on the time you are available). If given directions I can also try to get myself to your work place.

Thanks!

Robin (robin.w.kampe@gmail.com)
Subject Author Posted

Help me learn the basics?

Robin March 25, 2015 05:32PM

Re: Help me learn the basics?

ziad March 25, 2015 06:04PM