AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 31, 2015 01:43PM
Hi,

I have been trying to learn to use AFNI. I have previously, with the generous help of this list, been able to align my functional to my anatomic dataset (using align_epi_anat.py). So, on to the next step of the analysis: I have noticed that the afni_proc.py itself has an alignment option (and by default this is created by the script uber_subject.py).
Is using the afni_proc.py on the unaligned dataset preferred, or should we go ahead with the aligned dataset and not use the alignment option in afni_proc.py?
Is there any harm in using the aligned dataset (after the registration/alignment) and going ahead with the alignment anyway in afni_proc.py, or if the alignment has been done, should these steps be ignored?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2015 03:10PM by maitra.
Subject Author Posted

is it better to use align_epi_anat.py or use alignment within afni_proc.py?

maitra March 31, 2015 01:43PM

Re: is it better to use align_epi_anat.py or use alignment within afni_proc.py?

rick reynolds March 31, 2015 09:47PM

maitra April 02, 2015 06:28PM

rick reynolds April 02, 2015 09:17PM

maitra April 02, 2015 11:05PM

maitra April 03, 2015 04:28PM

Isaac Schwabacher April 03, 2015 04:44PM

rick reynolds April 07, 2015 08:58AM