AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 17, 2015 11:21AM
Hi all,

I am very new to AFNI and have a question regarding deobliquing so that I can properly align my data. A bit of background: I wish to align a T1 anatomical with a high-resolution T2 anatomical, and then also align my functionals to the T2. Right now, the align_epi_anat.py throws the error that my datasets are obliqued.

So, I used the 3dWarp_deoblique and re-ran the align_epi_anat.py and it seemed to work properly and it all looks aligned.

My question is regarding the +tlrc suffix that is now added onto my filename. Does deobliquing my anatomicals situate them in Talaraich space, and that is the resulting +tlrc? I do not want to put any of my anatomical or functional data into common space yet because I will be manually tracing structure in native space and later using another program to form a normalized template (ANTs).

So 1) does using 3dWarp_deoblique and align_epi_anat.py put everything in Talaraich space? and 2) if so, how can I go about aligning my data and maintaining native space?

Thanks in advance,

Rachel
Subject Author Posted

Deoblique and maintain +orig space

rnauer April 17, 2015 11:21AM

Re: Deoblique and maintain +orig space

Peter Molfese April 17, 2015 11:40AM

rnauer April 17, 2015 12:18PM

Peter Molfese April 17, 2015 12:47PM