AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 28, 2015 10:50AM
I ran a 3dttest++ with two groups and one 1D covariate. The data had been ranked within each group prior to this analysis using 3dTsort. Using 3dmaskdump, I then obtained the values for each subject from the data used in the 3dttest++ analysis for 7 voxels surrounding a peak voxel from the 3dttest++. I then correlated these values with the covariate (within each group) to obtain an estimate of the slope. My issue is that, for one group only, when I did this I obtained slightly different values (difference ranging in magnitude from .0036-.0042) than what I get from running 3dmaskdump with the same voxels on sub-brick #10 (slope of setB wrt covariate) of the 3dttest++ (and also from pinpointing the voxels in the AFNI GUI). I've done this same analysis for the same subjects on the same data but with a different covariate without this issue, and with the same covariate but different data and I don't have the issue (the correlation value matches the value from sub-brick #10). I have triple checked all the labeling, scripts, and covariate files and everything seems to be as it should be.

It's a long story as to why I'm doing this analysis in the first place, but my main concern is that there is something weird with the data since the values don't match only for this one group and this one analysis (but they do for all the other ones I've run). Do you have any troubleshooting tips that may help me find what the discrepancy is between my results from calculating the correlation based on individual subjects' data, and the slope value afni provides?

Thanks.
Subject Author Posted

3dttest++ covariate issue

kkerr May 28, 2015 10:50AM

Re: 3dttest++ covariate issue

gang May 28, 2015 03:00PM

kkerr May 28, 2015 04:35PM

gang May 29, 2015 11:12AM

kkerr June 03, 2015 01:34PM