AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 01, 2015 05:22PM
Hello

I am trying to use the value outputted by the plugout_drive command GET_DICOM_XYZ. I am running all of the commands in Terminal using tcsh. When I run the command:

plugout_drive -quit -comm 'QUIET_PLUGOUTS' -comm 'GET_DICOM_XYZ'

I get out a response on my Terminal, such as RAI xyz: 0.198189 -44.508759 27.268639. Unfortunately, I have not been able to pipe this output to another command or even save the output within a file. My goal is to have GET_DICOM_XYZ output the current position of the cross-hairs, parse the output into only the x, y, and z coordinates, and then save those coordinates. Normally, I would use a command like this:

set coordx = `echo plugout_drive -quit -comm 'QUIET_PLUGOUTS' -comm 'GET_DICOM_XYZ'  | cut -d' ' -f3`

where the stdout from the plugout_drive should be piped to the cut command but instead the response from the plugout_drive is displayed in Terminal and nothing is piped to the cut command. I have also tried to save the output to a file using the command:

plugout_drive -quit -comm 'QUIET_PLUGOUTS' -comm 'GET_DICOM_XYZ' > test.1D

but the newly created test.1D file is empty. I have also tried the script command but the typescript file that is produced once the command is finished contains only the plugout_drive command and does not have the response. I was hoping you would know of a way where I could save the output from GET_DICOM_XYZ as a variable or within a file.

Thank you
Matthew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2015 04:50PM by rollom.
Subject Author Posted

Plugout_Drive GET_DICOM_XYZ output

rollom June 01, 2015 05:22PM

Re: Plugout_Drive GET_DICOM_XYZ output

Isaac Schwabacher June 01, 2015 06:29PM

rollom June 02, 2015 12:54PM

Isaac Schwabacher June 02, 2015 02:45PM

rollom June 02, 2015 04:21PM