AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 02, 2015 10:36AM
Apologies if these questions are addressed in the help files - I've spent quite a bit of time looking through them but I'm still not confident in the correct way to proceed.

I have a task with four major events (cue, anticipation, stimulation, and rest) in which I will be entering regressors for cue (always 3s), anticipation (variable between 3s, 6s, 9s, and 12s), and stimulation (always 6s), letting rest be modeled as baseline.

I had been using the following lines in my afni_procy.py script, but I suspect this may be incorrect:

-regress_basis GAM \
-regress_stim_times ${regressors} \
-regress_stim_types AM1 \
-regress_stim_labels ${reglabels} \

My regressor files were each a single column of times onset:offset.

A few major questions:

Most examples with regressor files that take into account duration are formatted as a single column of times onset:duration - should I swtich to durations? Why didn't 3dDeconvolve fail with the offsets if it was reading them as durations since this would have exceeded the length of the runs?

Should I use -regress_basis 'dmBLOCK' instead of GAM? How will this change my results?

Is the combination of dmBLOCK and AM1 the most appropriate method for modeling events of variable duration without amplitude modulation? With regard to another task I am analyzing, what about when the durations are fixed?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
Kristin
Subject Author Posted

correct handling of variable event durations in afni_proc.py

KristinBH June 02, 2015 10:36AM

Re: correct handling of variable event durations in afni_proc.py

rick reynolds June 03, 2015 10:40AM

KristinBH June 03, 2015 12:50PM

KristinBH June 07, 2015 04:22PM