AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 20, 2015 04:07PM
Hi Gang (and other gurus),

I have two studies whose subject pools overlap significantly and I'm trying to run a VBM analysis using both sets of data. I want to be able to take into account a number of complications:
  • Our scanner was replaced between the two studies. I have no idea what the effect of this improvement is on the GM probabilities estimated by SPM.
  • The second study was carried out much more quickly than the first, so there's a significant spread in the times between the two scans for each subject that was scanned for both studies. This is important because grey matter volume is strongly inversely related to age.
  • The subjects fall into three groups; healthy controls and two patient populations, one of which is not present in the second study.

It looks to me like I can simply feed 3dLME the data I have, making sure it has subject IDs, ages at scan, group assignments, and perhaps an indicator of which scanner was used, plus whatever variables I'm interested in, but I'm curious whether there might be any pitfalls with this approach. (For instance, does the non-randomly distributed missing data pose a problem?)

Thanks,
ijs
Subject Author Posted

Is 3dLME a good choice for this situation?

Isaac Schwabacher August 20, 2015 04:07PM

Re: Is 3dLME a good choice for this situation?

gang August 21, 2015 02:40PM

Isaac Schwabacher August 21, 2015 04:36PM

gang August 21, 2015 05:54PM

Isaac Schwabacher August 21, 2015 06:10PM

gang August 21, 2015 06:16PM

Isaac Schwabacher August 24, 2015 11:03AM

Isaac Schwabacher September 04, 2015 12:53PM