AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 26, 2015 04:07AM
I am on the process of pre-processing the resting fMRI data.

By doing this, I have the following question.

I am about to use the script (3dTshift) with ignoring the first 4 volumes by using -ignore 4.

Then, in the output data by the 3dTshift, are there remaining information about the ignored ones?

Will it affect the following pre-processing and/or processing analyses such as motion correction?

As most of fMRI papers mention that they have discarded first several volumes for data quality, I would like to ignore the first volumes.

Then, by using the -ignore options in the 3dTshift, will the 4 volumes be ignored throughout the subsequent analyses?

Or should I use 3dTcat for concatenating the data except for the 4 volumes after the 3dTshift?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2015 04:46AM by hbfwjC.
Subject Author Posted

3dTshift and following analysis about ignored data

hbfwjC August 26, 2015 04:07AM

Re: 3dTshift and following analysis about ignored data

rick reynolds August 26, 2015 09:56AM