AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 31, 2015 05:05PM
I think that's not too surprising; remote OpenGL with X11 doesn't work terribly well usually, and we don't recommend it for suma. The afni GUI is usually fine with a reasonable connection because it doesn't have the openGL requirement. You might try an alternative solution like VNC. Just through what I could find in a google search for that error, others have recommended removing local nVidia drivers in order to have more generic openGL drivers on the local system. I can't say how much difficulty that might be, so I hesitate to recommend that solution.
Subject Author Posted

Running afni and suma remotely

mbouffard August 31, 2015 02:21PM

Re: Running afni and suma remotely

Daniel Glen August 31, 2015 05:05PM

rick reynolds September 01, 2015 09:16AM

mbouffard September 01, 2015 11:36AM