AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 01, 2015 06:01PM
Dear Afni developers,

Previously, I was using 3dQwarp on oblique PLUS-MINUS phase-encode direction data for distortion correction within a custom semi automatic pipeline, and it worked fine.

I recently updated my afni from the 32-bit version to the 64-bit version (see: [afni.nimh.nih.gov]) to fix some other problem with warp inversion in 3dQwarp.

Now, 3dQwarp produces warped images on grids with the same dimensions as the original images, but with orientations at 0 (plumb). The warp is defined on a larger grid than the original and also as plumb orientation.

I guess 3dQwarp is producing a warp that not only deforms the source to the base (or in my case to the mid-point between the source and the base), but also displaces it to plumb orientation.

Problems come when overlaying with freesurfer, which resamples considering the orientation information. See following image.

Note that when the original and warped images are overlaid without consideration for orientations (e.g. fslview), the results are perfectly fine.

More importantly, applying registration matrices computed on other images with freesurfer functions in my pipeline doesn't work anymore.

Is there a way to turn off this silent auto-registration-to-plumb-orientation (that is indeed what is hapening)? or should I look for workarounds?

Thanks a lot for your help and
Have a very good day!
Sébastien Proulx
Subject Author Posted

3dQwarp changes obliquity

Sébastien Proulx September 01, 2015 06:01PM

Re: 3dQwarp changes obliquity

Daniel Glen September 01, 2015 06:25PM

Re: 3dQwarp changes obliquity

Sébastien Proulx September 03, 2015 03:19PM