AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 27, 2015 01:43AM
Hi afni folks!

Would appreciate your advice.

I'd like to map points between standard meshes of varying densities (MapIcosahedron with varying linear depths). I intend to treat low density mesh points as a subsampling of high density mesh points. It appears that the command to do this is 'SurfToSurf.'

I have two concerns:
1) What surface representation should I use for the meshes that are input into SurfToSurf? I'd think 'sphere' would result in the most proper mapping?

2) Do we expect point mappings to vary significantly between subjects? Or might it suffice to use a single mapping (ex. derived from using standard meshes of a template surface)?
*note: Using the following command, mappings between subjects differ in about 6% of points

dens_from=20
dens_to=141
hemi_type=lh
surf_type=sphere

file_from=std.${dens_from}.${hemi_type}.${surf_type}.gii
file_to=std.${dens_to}.${hemi_type}.${surf_type}.gii

SurfToSurf -prefix map_${dens_from}to${dens_to}_${hemi_type}_${surf_type} -output_params NearestNode DistanceToSurf -i ${file_from} -i ${file_to}

Thanks!
John
Subject Author Posted

SurfToSurf between std meshes of varying densities

john c September 27, 2015 01:43AM

Re: SurfToSurf between std meshes of varying densities

rick reynolds October 01, 2015 10:51AM