AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 01, 2015 09:18AM
As part of my fMRI analysis, I performed a regression using the beta weights from individual trials to predict behavioral accuracy. I found that higher activity in one of my ROIs predicts errors. As a visual for this result, I would like to plot an average time series of the error versus the correct trials in this region.

However, since task accuracy was quite high, my original model did not separate correct and error trials. I used the -stim_times_IM option to get the individual beta weights and matched these up with the trial and accuracy for the regression. I was wondering if (rather than creating a new model that puts correct and error trials in as separate regressors) I could use the original model to get individual IRFs for each trial and then average the correct/error trial IRFs together to get mean IRFs for each.

Would this approach work to look at correct versus error trials? And if so, is there a way I can output the IRFs for each trial during my regression? And if not, what is the best approach I could use to get separate correct and error time series with AFNI?

~Katelyn Wills
Subject Author Posted

time series for correct vs error

kwills01 October 01, 2015 09:18AM

Re: time series for correct vs error

Emperor Zhark October 01, 2015 09:55AM

kwills01 October 01, 2015 10:14AM

jkeidel October 01, 2015 10:54AM

Emperor Zhark October 01, 2015 01:50PM