AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 01, 2015 11:50AM
Honorable AFNI gurus:

I'm currently wanting to look at relations between a single non-neural variable (blood cytokine levels) and a voxel-wise estimate of neural inflammation but I need to first account for effects of both a voxel-wise noise covariate (VBM Jacobians) and a single motion estimate. Currently I'm doing this by using 3dttest++ in "just -setA" mode where the neural inflammation volumes are the DV of interest and the covariates option is used with a covariate file containing three columns (in addition to the subject identifier) for 1) the cytokine; 2) motion; and 3) the file name of the VBM Jacobians for each subject. Is this the proper way to proceed? I think so but I wanted to check.

Now, assuming my approach above is correct, let's say I found a significant relation between my two variables of interest (cytokines and neural inflammation, accounting for the noise covariate effects) in the resulting statistical map AND I wanted to show this relation in a scatterplot accompanying the statistical map. Could you suggest a path for doing this using the input and output data?

Big thanks!!

Paul
Subject Author Posted

neuro-chemical correlations with both single-array and voxel-wise noise covariates

paul.hamilton October 01, 2015 11:50AM

Re: neuro-chemical correlations with both single-array and voxel-wise noise covariates

gang October 01, 2015 04:07PM

Re: neuro-chemical correlations with both single-array and voxel-wise noise covariates

paul.hamilton October 02, 2015 04:18AM

gang October 02, 2015 12:41PM

paulhami October 03, 2015 01:20PM