AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 01, 2015 04:07PM
Paul,

The model of your 3dttest++ analysis seems to look like this:

inflammation ~ cytokine + motion + VBM_Jacobians

> Is this the proper way to proceed? I think so but I wanted to check.

You specified the above model, so the results would be interpreted as being you intended to achieve: you want the effect of cytokine on inflammation while controlling motion and VBM Jacobians (at their respective average values?).

> I found a significant relation between my two variables of interest (cytokines and neural inflammation,
> accounting for the noise covariate effects) in the resulting statistical map AND I wanted to show this
> relation in a scatterplot accompanying the statistical map.

The motion and VBM Jacobians vary across subjects, and that's why you wanted to control their effects at their mean values. On the other hand, you do not have the inflammation values corresponding to the observed cytokine when motion and VBM Jacobians are at their respective average values. In other words, if you just directly do the scatter plot with the observed inflammation vs. cytokine, you won't be able to control motion and Jacobians. Ideally you would need a 3D plot, but that would be not intuitive. Are you thinking about scatterplot at the ROI level?

Gang

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2015 04:17PM by Gang.
Subject Author Posted

neuro-chemical correlations with both single-array and voxel-wise noise covariates

paul.hamilton October 01, 2015 11:50AM

Re: neuro-chemical correlations with both single-array and voxel-wise noise covariates

gang October 01, 2015 04:07PM

Re: neuro-chemical correlations with both single-array and voxel-wise noise covariates

paul.hamilton October 02, 2015 04:18AM

gang October 02, 2015 12:41PM

paulhami October 03, 2015 01:20PM