AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 04, 2015 07:33PM
Hi all,

I just met a problem when I run 3dSkullStrip on my mac. This problem might be not specific to 3dSkullStrip, but I was just trying to figure out the reason. For your reference: I recently updated OSX to EI Capitan (10.11).

1. When I ran @auto_tlrc and other preprocessing steps (e.g., 3dDespike) in a "bash" script (heading with #! /bin/bash), it has error as follow:

Skull Stripping ...
dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libglib-2.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/Qiuhai/abin/3dSkullStrip
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
Error: Failed to create skull stripped brain
++ 3dTcat: AFNI version=AFNI_2011_12_21_1014 (Sep 25 2015) [64-bit]
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/Qiuhai/abin/3dDespike
Reason: image not found
./rice_pre: line 15: 15128 Trace/BPT trap: 5 3dDespike -nomask -prefix ${sub}_${run}_despike ${sub}_${run}_tcat+orig

2. Then I tried @update.afni.binaries -package macosx_10.7_Intel_64 (I installed afni two years ago under this instruction: [afni.nimh.nih.gov]). It did updated something. And also I checked the library with typing "mdfind -name libglib-2", and it gives:

/Users/Qiuhai/abin/libglib-2.0.0.dylib
/Users/Qiuhai/abin/libglib-2.0.la

It gives the same directory (~/abin) when I search "libgomp.1.dylib"

3. In my .cshrc file, there was a line "setenv DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH $HOME/abin". Then I thought it might be due to my bash script. And I changed my script into tcsh with heading #! /bin/tcsh (also reformat the script into c-shell syntactic), and ran it again. Now the "dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib" was gone, but "dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libglib-2.0.0.dylib" was still there.

4. If I ran @auto_tlrc directly in terminal, it gave the same error, but if I ran 3dSkullStrip directly, it works!

So I really don't know why it would be the case. I guess it may have something with EI Capitan update, but not quite be sure. I highly appreciate if you can figure this out. Thanks!

All the best,
Qiuhai

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2015 11:34PM by qiuhai.
Subject Author Posted

error about 3dSkullStrip

qiuhai October 04, 2015 07:33PM

Re: error about 3dSkullStrip

rick reynolds October 04, 2015 10:47PM

qiuhai October 04, 2015 11:13PM

rick reynolds October 05, 2015 12:04AM

dperlman October 16, 2015 05:27PM