AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 09, 2011 07:28PM
Hi,

I'm running a trialwise analysis (using stim_times_IM in 3dDeconvolve) where I am using the SPMG3 response model. When I ran the analysis using just stim_times, this resulted in 3 sub-bricks per stimulus onset file (0,1 and 2). Therefore, if my stimulus types were A and B and I used stim_times with SPMG3, I would end up with:

A#0
A#1
A#2
B#0
B#1
B#2

So now when I run the same analysis but use stim_times_IM so I can have a different sub-brick per event, if I have 10 events per stimulus type, I end up with 30 sub-bricks for each. This makes sense to me, because I expect to have sub-bricks for each of my 10 events, but 3 outputs per event since I used the SPMG3 response model. My question is, what order are the sub-bricks in? It is unclear from the outputs I have whether the order is:

A#0-trial 1
A#0-trial 2
A#0-trial 3
A#1-trial 1
A#1-trial 2
A#1-trial 3
A#2-trial 1
A#2-trial 2
A#2-trial 3

or:
A#0-trial 1
A#1-trial 1