Read FirstUp one level
Suggested reading for beginners
- Install AFNI
- Installing the AFNI software package has a few basic steps, most of which can be accomplished in many different ways. The basic steps are as follows: Step 1: get the set of programs Step 2: put the programs in a useful directory Step 3: update the PATH to include that directory Step 4: get some data to look at
- The AFNI program allows you to use several Unix environment variables to influence its behavior. The mechanics of setting an environment variable depend on which shell you are using.
- AFNI Startup Manual
- A brief startup manual for AFNI (but you really need to read the manuals, too).
- The AFNI TTatlas+tlrc Dataset
- The dataset that provides the Talairach Daemon database for AFNI is stored in a dataset named TTatlas+tlrc. This dataset has 2 byte-valued sub-bricks at 1 mm resolution (please note that it is stored at the "small Talairach brick" size). Sub-brick #0 contains the "gyral" information; sub-brick #1 contains the "area" information. (These corresponded to database "levels" 3 and 5 in the original database from San Antonio. The other levels were at a much cruder level, and have been discarded in AFNI.) The purpose of this Web page is to describe the format of the TTatlas+tlrc dataset and some files extracted from it.