Recent AFNI Changes - Aug 2005
Submitted by rwcox. on 2005-08-23 17:17.
What we did on our summer non-vacation.
In chronological order, so far as I know:
- Some new commands available to drive AFNI from a script: SAVE_JPEG, SET_DICOM_XYZ, SET_XHAIRS. See file README.driver for the documentation.
- Program aiv (AFNI Image Viewer) can now accept image input from a TCP/IP socket, so that it can act as an "image display server" for other programs. This will be used by Daniel Glen as a tool for visualizing the results of his in-progress nonlinear anisotropic smoothing filter program.
- Updated program cat_matvec to allow input of matrices from AFNI .HEAD file attributes and also directly from the command line.
- From now on, unless environment variabl AFNI_ALLOW_MILLISECONDS is set to YES, AFNI programs will convert MSEC time unit datasets to SEC on input and output.
- New program 3dLocalstat computes a dataset whose voxel values are local statistics of a region around each input voxel (e.g., the median over a sphere of radius 9 mm).
- Some new keyboard shortcuts for the image viewer window:
- m = toggle Min-to-Max on and off
- a = fix aspect ratio
- l = Left-Right mirror
- s = sharpen image
- D = open Disp control panel
- M = open Mont control panel
- S = start Save operation
- A new -FILE option to program waver lets you input your own impulse response function in the form of a .1D time series file, so you don't have to rely on the pre-programmed IRFs.
- The new @auto_tlrc script is now available to automate the +orig→+tlrc transformation. This is still experimental, and has been observed to fail on 1 brain out of a sample of about 200 (someone with extremely enlarged ventricles).
- Dimon updates:
- Dimon now has the ability to organize DICOM files, before processing, via the '-dicom_org' option. This may be necessary if the filename order does not match the volume/time order. Note that Dimon will not do this in real-time mode, at the scanner.
- -GERT_Reco : have Dimon output a GERT_Reco script, which in turn can be run to create AFNI datasets
- -sort_by_num_suffix : sort files according to their numerical suffix, instead of the normal alphabetical sort
- -rev_sort_dir : reverse the sorting direction on filenames
- -rev_org_dir : reverse the organizational sort by -dicom_org
- -tr : this TR overrides what is read from image files
- In 3dresample, the -dxyz option will now override the respective values from a -master dataset.
Bug fixes are not noted here. (Yes children, AFNI does contain bugs, unlike some software packages I will not name.)