AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 20, 2002 01:50PM
Posted by Lukas Pezawas on November 19, 2002 at 11:23:58:

Hi AFNI experts!

We are conducting a mixed trial (several pure event related "block" with a baseline period in between, 2 runs of 183 volumes, TR=3000msec; the stimulus is on for 1500 msec=1/2 TR)

As far as I understood 3dDeconvolve there are 2 ways, how I can set up the contrast matrices:

1) AUC: one line with baseline columns depending of the polynomical order of the model and columns for the stimuli depending od the time lags I am using.
Since we have a rather long TR there might be only a few time points to estimate the IRF (e.g. minlag=0, maxlag=3-4, which are 4-5 time points)
E.g. If want to create a contrast of simulus A-B the matrix should look something like this: 0 0 1 1 1 1 -1 -1 -1 -1

2) One line for each time lag displaying columns with baseline parameterts
and columns displaying the contrast for each time lag separatly.
E.g: This should look like this:
0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0
0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0
0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 0
0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1

I wonder, which would be from a theoretical point of view the best procedure for a trial with a long TR and a few time points as inour case?

Thanks

Lukas
Subject Author Posted

Contrast confusion

Lukas Pezawas November 20, 2002 01:50PM

Re: Contrast confusion

B. Douglas Ward November 22, 2002 02:18PM