AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 04, 2003 02:20PM
Hello,

I am interested in quantitating the extent of orbitofrontal cortex voxel activation elicited by our task in each individual subject. I managed to use 3dclust successfully to dump out the activated clusters corresponding to each of four contrasts (15, 17,21,23) in a functional map (entitled zantvsfbkregdsbpf)

with the following commands in a script:

3dclust -dxyz=1 -1thresh 3.3 -1noneg -1dindex 15 -1tindex 15 1.01 6 zantvsfbkregdsbpf+tlrc > voxelcountrvnant
3dclust -dxyz=1 -1thresh 3.3 -1noneg -1dindex 17 -1tindex 17 1.01 6 zantvsfbkregdsbpf+tlrc > voxelcountpvnant
3dclust -dxyz=1 -1thresh 3.3 -1noneg -1dindex 21 -1tindex 21 1.01 6 zantvsfbkregdsbpf+tlrc > voxelcountrvnfbk
3dclust -dxyz=1 -1thresh 3.3 -1noneg -1dindex 23 -1tindex 23 1.01 6 zantvsfbkregdsbpf+tlrc > voxelcountnvpfbk

with the -dxyz=1 clause, I get the raw voxel count as the first output column. This yields several clusters where the z-t value > 3.3 (p <.001), only a handful of which are in the ofc and of interest to us.

I would like to use 3dmerge to auto-create a mask of aggregate ofc activation (based on the group map) and *filter the 3dclust output* so that only the clusters that overlap in part the mask (defined by the group map of ofc activation) get dumped out for each individual subject. Then I can simply sum the voxels from these selected clusters to get a rough measure of "ofc activation".

Could someone please tell me if and how I could do this? What I could add to the script, for example? It seems I'm already applying a contrast t-value threshold, could I add an additional mask-defined fim threshold value as well?

Subject Author Posted

How do I apply 3dclust to only "Activated" voxels within a mask?

Jim Bjork March 04, 2003 02:20PM

Re: How do I apply 3dclust to only "Activated" voxels within a mask?

Christine Smith March 04, 2003 07:18PM

Tom Ross March 05, 2003 09:27AM

Christine Smith March 05, 2003 07:33PM

Jim Bjork March 06, 2003 09:55AM