AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 15, 2015 04:24PM
Hello,

I am having some difficulty figuring out the output of 3dFWHMx on data from +orig space and how to use these data to generate AlphaSim results.

Here are the results from 3dFWHMx for the errts file from a 3dDeconvolve run.

errts_run1+orig (voxel size = 3.9 X 3.9 X 4.8mm): mean x, y, and z values = 4.7
errts_run1+tlrc (voxel size = 2 X 2 X 2 mm): mean x, y, and z values = 5.8
errts_run1_4mmFWHMblur+tlrc (Blurring carried out with 3dmerge after converting to tlrc space; voxel size = 2 X 2 X 2mm): mean x, y, and z values = 9.8

I will carry out my across-subject statistical tests (e.g., Ttests) on the 2x2x2mm_4mmblurred_beta values+tlrc files and want to use AlphaSim to calculate the minimum cluster size.

My first question is why there is already spatial smoothing in my +orig files.

My second question is which of these 3dFWHM values should I be using as the -fwhm value in AlphaSim.

Best,
Christine
Subject Author Posted

3dFWHMx and AlphaSim

Christine Smith May 15, 2015 04:24PM

Re: 3dFWHMx and AlphaSim

Christine Smith May 15, 2015 07:38PM

Re: 3dFWHMx and AlphaSim

rick reynolds May 15, 2015 08:55PM