AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 17, 2017 02:15PM
Hello everyone,

After conducting a single subject analysis with surface data using 3dDeconvolve I found that the p and q values were very similar. I then used 3dcalc to create new contrasts based on the 3dDeconvolve results and recalculated the FDR curves with 3drefit. To my surprise I found that the corrected q values were now smaller than p. I am aware that this is theoretically possible with FDR but I'm not sure how verify if it is correct or if I have made a mistake somewhere.

Naail
Subject Author Posted

q values smaller than p

naailk90 May 17, 2017 02:15PM

Re: q values smaller than p

rick reynolds May 17, 2017 03:20PM

naailk90 May 17, 2017 04:30PM

rick reynolds May 17, 2017 07:33PM

naailk90 May 18, 2017 02:35PM