AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
SI
January 29, 2016 11:26AM
Hi

and apologies for posting this question again, but I really would like to know whether I am using the new option -acf correctly, both for 3dFWHMx and 3dClustSim. I am using SPM for preprocessing and statistical analyses.

For whole-brain analyses I did the following:
1. I estimated the smoothness using 3dFWHMx:
"3dFWHMx -input ResMS.nii -mask mask.nii -detrend -acf"
whereby, ResMS.nii is the group ResMS image (I did not compute the acf parameters for every subject and then compute the
average. The reason, is that I have different group-level analyses and the smoothness changes based on the
regressors I enter into the second level analysis)
mask.nii is the mask from the group-level analysis

2. I entered the estimated acf parameters into 3dClustSim:
"3dClustSim -mask mask.nii -acf 0.403842 5.06071 13.2778 -pthr 0.01 -athr 0.05 -iter 10000 -nodec -quiet"
mask.nii is the mask from the group-level analysis (same as above)

With the "classical" version (i.e. instead of using -acf I was using -fwhmxyz and entering the smoothness of the data based on the group level analysis (in mm)) I was getting a cluster size of 734 voxels for a threshold of 0.01, with -acf I get for the same group analysis and threshold a cluster of 1989 voxels.

On the other hand estimating the cluster size for an ROI with 5000 voxels, reduces the minimal cluster size from 102 voxels (classical version) to 55 voxels (-acf).

As these are significant increases/decreases in cluster size, I would like to be sure that I am estimating the cluster size correctly.

Thanks for your help and advice!
Sandra
Subject Author Posted

3dFWHMx & 3dClustSim: new "ACF" vs. "classic" way to estimate cluster size

SI January 26, 2016 11:48AM

Question on new "ACF" vs. "classic" way to estimate cluster size

SI January 29, 2016 11:26AM

Re: Question on new "ACF" vs. "classic" way to estimate cluster size

Bob Cox February 06, 2016 06:47PM

charujing123 November 09, 2017 08:33AM