AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 06, 2016 06:47PM
One reason I haven't answered this is that I have been working hard on another approach for cluster-thresholding group statistical maps. In this new approach, smoothness estimation would no longer be required. The reason for this effort is that the false positive rate for the ACF smoothness+cluster simulation method is still significantly too liberal in some cases. I have just today (Saturday 06 Feb 2016) finished the first test of my new method, and it was never too liberal in all the test cases (but was too conservative in a few cases). I'm next going to work on packaging this method for more general use (that is, to make it usable by people who aren't ME).

For your first result (-acf gives bigger cluster size thresholds), I'm not surprised at all.

For your second results (-acf gives smaller cluster size thresholds in a restricted mask), I'm surprised and don't have an explanation off the top of my head. However, since I'm hoping to retire the whole use of 3dFWHMx soon, I'm not highly motivated to investigate this issue.
Subject Author Posted

3dFWHMx & 3dClustSim: new "ACF" vs. "classic" way to estimate cluster size

SI January 26, 2016 11:48AM

Question on new "ACF" vs. "classic" way to estimate cluster size

SI January 29, 2016 11:26AM

Re: Question on new "ACF" vs. "classic" way to estimate cluster size

Bob Cox February 06, 2016 06:47PM

charujing123 November 09, 2017 08:33AM

rick reynolds November 09, 2017 08:41AM