AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 26, 2016 08:50PM
Hello,

I have carried out an amplitude modulation analysis where I am asking which voxels are have BOLD amplitudes modulated by variable A and/or variable B or are unmodulated by these variables. So my -stim_times_AM2 input file looks like this: 20*15,30 44*2,10, etc.

For my output I get a beta coefficient and t statistic for the effects of interest: 1) unmodulated effect,2) the effect that is modulated by Factor A, and 3) the effect that is modulated by Factor B.

I have two questions:

1) For a given region of interest, how do I obtain the correlation coefficient for each of the effects? I know how to use 3dROIstats to get the mean values for all the voxels in an ROI, but how do I get a correlation coefficient from the beta and tscores?

2) For the unmodulated effect, does that mean that those are voxels where activity was equal (i.e., not different) across all trials of interest? Or does it mean that activity in those voxels simply does not follow either of the two modulation parameters that I have included? That is, maybe activity there is not equal across all trials, but it varies according to some variable that I have not included as an amplitude modulator.

Regards,
Christine
Subject Author Posted

correlation coefficients for amplitude modulation analysis

Christine Smith January 26, 2016 08:50PM

Re: correlation coefficients for amplitude modulation analysis

gang January 27, 2016 04:49PM

Re: correlation coefficients for amplitude modulation analysis

rick reynolds January 28, 2016 09:31AM