AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 08, 2016 01:24PM
Hello AFNI,

From what I can find, it appears as though the standard approach for registering multiple FMRI series from the same session is to use a volume from one of the series as the motion correction reference for all of the series. But, wouldn't this approach be subjected to the same biases that plague longitudinal analyses? I have searched around for literature related to this issue, but haven't found anything yet, do any of you know of anything?

I am imagine that addressing this problem would involve developing a session specific fMRI template that minimizes the transform to all of the data. And that this template could be used as the motion correction base and also the image to be registered to the T1 for spatial normalization. Does anyone have a recommendation for doing this with the tools at hand?

Thanks,
Cameron
Subject Author Posted

Unbiased registration of FMRI series

cameron.craddock February 08, 2016 01:24PM

Re: Unbiased registration of FMRI series

Daniel Glen February 08, 2016 02:24PM

cameron.craddock February 08, 2016 03:27PM

Daniel Glen February 08, 2016 04:20PM